Governors of the 36 states of the federation on the platform of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) are set is to review the proposed privatization of the 10 generating plants across the country under the National Integrated Power Projects (NIPPs) by the Federal Government.

The state governments have the highest equity share of 53 percent while the remaining 47 percent belongs to the Federal Government.

The governors, who met via a teleconference, on Wednesday, reached the decision after receiving a presentation from the Director-General of the Bureau of Public Enterprises, Alex Okoh, on the proposed privatization.

In a communiqué signed by NGF Chairman and Ekiti State Governor, Kayode Fayemi, yesterday, the governors resolved to review and communicate their position through their representatives.

They also resolved to set up a committee to scrutinize the Electric Power Sector Reform (EPSRA) Bill 2021, which has passed its second reading in the Senate.

The governors, who met via a teleconference, on Wednesday, reached the decision after receiving a presentation from the Director-General of the Bureau of Public Enterprises, Alex Okoh, on the proposed privatization.

In a communiqué signed by NGF Chairman and Ekiti State Governor, Kayode Fayemi, yesterday, the governors resolved to review and communicate their position through their representatives.

They also resolved to set up a committee to scrutinize the Electric Power Sector Reform (EPSRA) Bill 2021, which has passed its second reading in the Senate.

 

 

 

 

From Juliana Taiwo-Obalonye,
The Sun

Featured Video